1 More Chapter is once again hosting The Pub Challenge and I'm really excited to joining this one, as I missed all the fun last year.
This challenge lasts all year and here is the 411:
- Read a minimum of 9 books first published in 2009. You don’t have to buy these. Library books, unabridged audios, or ARCs are all acceptable. To qualify as being first published in 2009, it must be the first time that the book is published in your own country. For example, if a book was published in Australia, England, or Canada in 2008, and then published in the USA in 2009, it counts (if you live in the USA). Newly published trade paperbacks and mass market paperbacks do not count if there has been a hardcover/trade published before 2009.
- No children’s/YA titles allowed, since we’re at the ‘pub.’
- At least 5 titles must be fiction.
- Crossovers with other challenges are allowed.
- You can add your titles as you go, and they may be changed at any time.
Here are my choices:
- The Rose of Sebastopol by Katherine McMahon
- Twilight of A Queen by Susan Carroll
- Mistress Shakespeare by Karen Harper
- Vlad by CC Humphreys
- Mistress of the Monarchy by Alison Weir
- The Sisters Who Would Be Queen by Leanda de Lisle
- The Convent by Sarah Dunant